The Guru knows many things indeed - except the purpose of this website. Or maybe he does, but you're not ready for it yet. Who knows. His holy purpose is to create great curry to ignite your spicy soul. He uses an ancient recipe handed down through one generation of his family. Each vital spice has a place and a purpose, designed to energize the appropriate chakra. Start at your bottom and work your way up. But use these spices with knowledge and care.
- Salt – no curry can be cooked without salt, whatever your holistic nutritionist says. Its crystal whiteness spreads purity throughout the pot.
- Coriander – like the universe has Cosmic Background Radiation, so every curry must have plenty of coriander to back it up. This is known as the C-vibration.
- Cumin – each seed is a promise of unlimited potential. Not to be confused with fennel, whose seeds are smaller and sweeter, and can be eaten with sugar later.
- Chilli – the chilli has many colours and forms – jalapeno, cayenne, habanero, purple pretty pepper, scotch bonnet – but the blood of the curry always flows red.
- Turmeric – pure golden powder made by powerful alchemists in India. The guru can get you a special rate on large batches of this transformational spice.
- Pepper – the dark force at the edge of the curry. It is your virile best black friend and not to be feared. Don’t get it up your nose though.
- Garam Masala – a mix of all spices and the ultimate secret to everything. A potent blend of cosmic elements: only for use by the initiated.